Sunday 15 July 2012

In Orlando Florida for ICRS, but only just!!!


 I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
Psalm 27:13 (NASB)

I am currently in the United States for a few days to attend the 2012 International Christian Resources Show (ICRS) in Orlando FL, at the invitation of my publishers, Deep River Books, who are based in the United States. It holds from Sunday 15 July to Wednesday 18 July at the Orange County Convention Center, 9400 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819.

According to my publicist, Rhonda Funk (http://bringitoncommunications.com), “ICRS is where the Christian resources industry meets. There is no other time or place where so many people, products, services, media, authors, artists, and craftspeople are gathered together in one place. The show incorporates more than 125,000 square feet of exhibit space, 425 exhibits, and nearly 100 meeting rooms. The show brings together more than 10,000 attendees and exhibitor personnel from across the United States and more than 50 other countries. Thousands of book store buyers come, many of them making major year-long buying decisions about which books to stock in their stores.”

I arrived late Friday July 13th. I missed my flight from London, and so had to pay more money to get on to the next flight! And as if that wasn’t enough trouble for one day, just as we were boarding the flight I was pulled aside for additional searching. I had to take off my shoes, belt and jacket. My luggage was thoroughly examined in the full glare of everyone boarding the plane. I felt so embarrassed!

The last time I visited the US in November 2011, I was singled out by the Department of Homeland Securities for a similar search just before I boarded the plane! This time I was so upset that by the time I got on the flight, I decided I am never visiting the United States ever again!

Whilst on the flight I decided to continue my reading from my book Crushing the Devil. As I read the chapters on Spiritual Warfare and Strategies in Spiritual Warfare the Lord spoke to me. I was wrong to be angry. God said He expects me to give thanks in every situation and to expect the best from every situation at all times. I repented immediately and thanked Him for the opportunity to be searched. The officers were merely doing their duty to ensure the plane wasn’t bombed mid-air by a passenger carrying a bomb on their person!

All kinds of things get thrown at us in life – some by the Devil and some through our foolishness or carelessness (for instance if I had arrived in time for my flight I wouldn’t have missed it). Some things that happen to us may not have a logical explanation (for instance being singled out for searches on two consecutive visits to the US even though I hold a UK passport). However, whatever life throws at us, we must believe that because we serve a good God, we would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! The New International Version says “I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.”

Whatever you are going through right now, be encouraged! God can bring good out of it; so don’t despair! And remember that it isn’t over until God says so!

PS~ I will be signing copies of my book, Crushing The Devil at ICRS. I will be at Booth 663A. If you are in Florida, and can make it, please drop by! To download my Media Kit, please visit: http://bringitoncommunications.com/Media%20Kits/Pedro%20Okoro-Media%20Kit.pdf

© Pedro Okoro, CEO of ASTUTE COPY BLOGGING. You can follow Pedro on Twitter: @PedroOkoro

No comments:

Post a Comment