If like me, you’re so sick and tired of being sick and tired that you can’t wait for a new start, then you’re in good company! The reason Jesus came was to undo all the work of Satan, the Devil so that we CAN enjoy our everyday lives. In John 10:10, He declared: “My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life” (NLT). The Amplified Bible says “I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).”
So it can be done! We can enjoy everyday life! However, for that to happen, we must take CARE of the Devil. In the same passage in John 10:10, Jesus said concerning the Devil “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy.” His primary mission is to steal, kill and destroy! He steals our joy, our peace, ideas…he kills visions, people young and old…he destroys homes, self-esteem, marriages, finances… Can you relate to any of these? Well you’re not alone!
What can we do? If you’re SAVED you can CRUSH the Devil! Really!!! This is important because if you don’t CRUSH the Devil you won’t enjoy the abundant life that Jesus came to give you!
Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you. Luke 10:19 (NLT)
This reality is why I have written the Book, CRUSHING THE DEVIL: Your Guide to Spiritual Warfare and Victory in Christ! It looks at Spiritual Warfare from the standpoint of victorious Christian living.
Let me tell you 17 things you can do to the Devil as we make a fresh start and take back what the Devil has stolen from us in this Month of August, the Month of New Beginnings:
• You can bind him (Mark 3:27)
• You can restrain him (Isaiah 54:17)
• You can resist him (James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:9)
• You can rebuke him (Luke 9:42; Zechariah 3:2)
• You can plunder his goods (Matthew 12:29)
• You can cast out his evil and demonic spirits (Mark 16:17; Acts 8:7)
• You can undo his work (1 John 3:8)
• You can disarm him (Colossians 2:15)
• You can frustrate his counsel (2 Samuel 15:31)
• You can nullify his power (Luke 10:19)
• You can destroy his plans (Isaiah 8:10)
• You can destroy his yoke and lift his burdens (Isaiah 10:27)
• You can disrupt his meetings (Isaiah 54:15)
• You can uproot any seed or tree which he has planted (Matthew 15:13)
• You can demolish and tear down his strongholds (2 Corinthians 10:4)
• You can send him to the waterless places (Matthew 12:43)
• You can command him to stop meddling or interfering (1 Peter 5:8–9; Jude 1:9)
As you CRUSH the Devil, you will take back what he has stolen from you, resurrect what he has killed, repair what he has destroyed, and begin the process of enjoying everyday life in Christ!
Have awesome new Month! And whatever you get up to, make sure you’re CRUSHING THE DEVIL!
Pedro Okoro, Author of CRUSHING THE DEVIL: Your Guide to Spiritual Warfare and Victory in Christ!